The privacy of our visitors to www.computerites.com is important to us.
At www.computerites.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit www.computerites.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on www.computerites.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for targeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
- We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you.
- We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us, such as when you contact us for help.
- We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site, such as cookies, log files, clear gifs (also known as web beacons), and other tracking pixels and third parties to help determine your viewing preferences for advertising and other purposes.
- We and our business partners, such as advertisers, may use technologies, such as cookies and tracking pixels, to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements and connect to other websites.
- Links or sponsor websites may be presented in a manner that allows us to keep track of whether the links or sponsor sites have been used.
Information Use and Sharing
Examples of some of the ways we use or share information that we collect about you include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with products or services, including the display of customized content, advertising, and services.
- To provide technical or customer support.
- To perform research and analysis to gauge use of or interest in products, services, or content offered on our sites, and to develop new services.
- To communicate with you by e-mail about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To enforce our terms and conditions, or otherwise manage our business.
- To perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- To communicate with you, such as through email, newsletters, RSS feeds, service announcements, or for customer service, unless you have opted out of these features where available.
Our sites contain links to other websites, including through advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party linked websites, even if our sites frame the linked third party websites.